Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nearing The End of the 40 week Journey!

Baby boy Webber (still unnamed) is growing rapidly and making me feel huge!  I look forwards to being able to see my feet, paint my toes easily, bend over without looking and feeling awkward, sleeping through the night (or at least waking up) without a pain, and fitting a wider variety of clothing again!  My mood is pretty stable - very few melt downs and fairly patient with the girls.  This is a good thing since I'm flying solo all but 4 days a month when Bryson returns every other weekend for about 1½-2 days.  I'm sure I'm not as patient or energetic as I should be with a 3 and 5 year old running a muck though! 


29 weeks (Bryson's graduation day)

 30 weeks (in Durango)

Both top and bottom pictures are 36 weeks 6 days

And my personal reminder to start running again:


This little guy is sitting SO low!  I don't know which I'd prefer - having limited lung space and jabs in the ribs, or pressure and pain on my pubic bone and bladder along with jabs to my hips.  At least I know this means he's growing along with me!
He is due the 8th of August, but I'm going to be induced on the 1st if he hasn't arrived yet so we can plan accordingly and Bryson will definitely make it from Lander (5.5 hours away).  I do have my fingers crossed that he's healthy and wants to come a little earlier though!  If he's 3 weeks early, like Brynn, he will be here NEXT WEEK though and I'm not NEAR ready enough for that!  I still have a house to pack and a freezer to stock!  

An update on his kidney's: (more for my record since I tend to forget things)
one kidney is within the normal range (0-5) and the other is still in the moderately large range (measuring 5.4-7.4 on a scale of 5.1-10).  Surgery isn't looking likely, but it's still a possibility if the blockage or reflux doesn't take care of itself soon after birth. Nothing is set until he is born, but I'm scheduled for a final ultrasound on the 30th to send to the pediatrician.  It's likely he will start antibiotics immediately after being born to prevent bacteria and infections (UTI, bladder, kidney, etc.) but further testing may be required depending on the size of the kidney's at an ultrasound after birth.  Until then, I'll just admire the extra pictures I get and additional opportunities to see this little guy every 3-4 weeks on an ultrasound! 

5 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

I can't believe how close you are Bethany! Seriously, anyday now!! Ahhhhh, I'm so excited to see pictures of him!! =) I didn't know about his kidney, our prayers will be with you and him that everything goes great! Hang in there Bethany and have fun nesting, that motivation is sooo good... wishing I had some of that with life now!

The Hoffmans said...

By the way, YOU LOOK AWESOME! All baby miss Bethany!!

Sister Brittster said...

You're so cute! I totally feel like a whale and I'm over a month behind you! UGH! Hang in there chica! You're in the home stretch...and don't worry too much about your girlies, I'm sure they understand why mamma isn't as energetic as she usually is and they are just super excited to have a baby brother to dote on. Sending you happy baby thoughts!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Wow that's so soon! How exciting. That's impressive that your moods have been good - I commend you, because that's what reason I'm not ready for a 3rd yet. Sorry about the lower pain and pressure - I was miserable with that!
Do you need any boy things? I'd be happy to let you borrow some stuff. Any particular boy decor you're liking?

Laura said...

I'm so behind on reading! You look adorable. Eliza had the same thing with one of her kidneys. They say its more common for boys. She started anti biotics after she was born and they did a few tests a few weeks after birth. She stayed on antibiotics for 6 months. When she went back at a year her kidney dilation was close to gone so she didn't have to keep on anti biotics. She just has to have periodic ultrasounds still and we're hoping it clears up on its own. Anyways I hope his little kidneys will clear up.