Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The GIrls are Growing (too quickly!)

Well, we FINALLY made it in to the pediatricians today.  Took us quite a while because we didn't have medical insurance over the summer and I finally had a week day off to take them in.  Had a great Dr. that was really friendly.  I can't give height and head measurements because honestly, I wasn't listening that closely due to trying to keep Abby happy (rough morning).

With all snow gear on (heavy boots, coats, hats, and fully clothed in jeans and long sleeve shirts)
Brynn weighs 32lbs
Abby weights 25 lbs

This just amazes me - Brynn only weighed 28 lbs when we moved her into her big girl booster seat at 3 years old and now she's only 32 lbs but Abby's not far behind!  Once they're up from naps I'll get their heights recorded as well.  I didn't get the heights because when trying to get Abby to stand up tall she decided to start throwing a fit - which resulted in her smacking the back of her head against the flat metal plate on the wall.  While trying to comfort her and keep her somewhat quiet, she did stand still long enough for the nurse to get the measurements.

Now I knew we were behind on the shots, but I didn't think we'd be getting all of them at once today, poor little Abby!  She received 6 shots today!!  Then we're back in a month or two to get a couple more.  After that we'll be up to date, thankfully!

Well this cold (high of 6 degrees) day was spent packing our freezer full of homemade whole wheat waffles.  I have now found a recipe that I love and isn't as sweet as others!  Plus it's SO easy - no beating of egg whites required!  And they turned out slightly crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside - PERFECT for me! :)  Now off to make another pumpkin roll...figure Bryson needs a little treat since he's spent 1/2 of every day this week, which is his week off from school, in his office doing school work!  He's working so hard I thought spending a little extra time for one of his favorite treats would be rewarding :)

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Team Jogan said...

what doctor did you go to? i probably need to find one in poky cuz logan is tired of driving to IF.

Brooke said...

Yum! Your pumpkin rolls are awesome. Email me the recipe, would ya?! The girls are getting so big and we cant wait to see them for ourselves in a month!