Girl 1 - Mom
Girl 2 - Brynn
Girl 3 - Abby
With 3 girls in the house there is the expected things: dress up clothing, dolls, Tinkerbell and the other Fairies, Disney Princesses, lots of pink, flowers, tea parties, various bow and flowers to accessorize with, and of course - what would a house be without a Pink Musical Potty that looks like a little Princess Throne?!
Brynn used this little potty when potty training and loved the instant praise it would give if anything from her little body happened to end up in the seat. Well those days of annoying music and chimes have been over for a while and it has since been sitting, collecting dust, and used for nothing other than a step for Brynn to reach the sink.
Recently Abby has been doing this wondrous event of waiting to poop until she and Brynn are both in the bath together...then she leaves little surprised for Brynn - which leads to lots of screaming and splashing trying to keep the "goodies" away from her :) Well after this happened about 2 weeks ago I grabbed Abby and placed her on the potty since it was like a seat and she could sit there without getting the floors wet.
I hadn't thought about the music it would play since cleaning the tub became my first priority. Abby was happy and smiling when it played and clapped as though we were having a dance party for her. This girl loves her music - so of course she proceeds to stand up and start dancing. I asked her to sit back down, which she happily did. Since that day she expected to sit on the potty immediately before EVERY bath (copying Brynn as she uses the bathroom before each nightly bath too). This has been fine, and she's even gone in it a time or two, but never really cared since she had no idea what was going on. She just likes the seat - THE END. Nothing more to it; although I'd be thrilled if she was potty trained at 17 months!
Tonight was like any other...took off the diaper, she sat herself in the "seat" for a a minute. Well tonight she actually peed in it but this time it took her by surprise. As it played I turned to her from the hall and started clapping and doing the whole "yay!! Good job Abby" praising thing that us crazy mothers do for the silliest reasons. But before I had even said anything she had a complete look of terror in her eyes. She stood up, looking as though she had just seen the devil himself, and RAN as quickly as possible to the bath tub. I picked her up with the intentions of putting her back on it for few more seconds so I could clean up the trickle trail she left behind - but she freaked. I stood her up on the bathroom floor and she bolted for the bathtub and started to climb in herself. After the bathtub she walked along the wall and avoided even going close to the seat!
I think any hopes I had of early potty training went down the drain tonight as apparently our Royal Throne is now a terrifying contraption. My only hope is she overcomes this fear before she's too old...and based on her expression tonight I don't think I'll get her near it till she's 15.
My only real regret - I couldn't get this evenings performance on video to share :)
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh Bethany I miss you!! That is hilarious about her getting terrified by the potty! Poor thing :) I was going to be so jealous if you had really potty trained her at 17 months! Boston's pushing 26 months and I haven't even attempted it yet! I'm waiting til after all the holiday travel to start :) Hope everything is going great in Idaho!
Post a Comment