Monday, November 22, 2010

Quick Catch Up!

I sit here and regret letting so much time pass between blogging! The entire purpose keeping a blog was because I'm terrible at keeping scrapbooks, and I'm the first to admit it!  I have such high hopes (hence all the pictures and scrapbooking supplies that I collect) but never keep up with it.  Printing annual blog books is a much easier way for me to keep track of mile stones, changes, and the fun our family has through the year.  However, if I don't get online and post it - it's lost!  So here's a overview of July - October!


While living in Colorado during the summer, we actually spent the 4th of July in Star Valley, WY with my grandparents, Leroy and Eileen Schenk.  Many of my aunts and uncles (Braxton & Cally and family, Brian and Ashley and their family, David and his oldest son Dallin) came up for the celebration as well.  It was fun spending time together, doing the "small town" activities that come from this little community!

 
Brynn and Grandpa at the Star Valley Ranch 4th of July Activities


Playing games and various races at the 4th of July festival!


The family watching the fireworks!


The girls waiting to go swimming at the pool while we were in Pocatello, ID house/apartment hunting!


ABBY TURNED 1 on June 25, 2010.
But we didn't celebrate it until she was 13 months old...about 4 weeks late!  

She had her VERY own slice of "Watermelon" cake! 


Opening gifts!


Lots of helpers when blowing out the candles!!


Enjoying cake!

Right now Blogger wont let my rotate this picture...I'll have to remember to come back and fix this later, sorry!

Finally walking - 13 months and we figured it out!!


Pioneer Day Ward activity :)


BRYSON TURNED 28!



And of course we have lots of play time!
I leave Bryson with the girls, to return and find everyone (all 3 of them!) had blocks down the fronts of their shirts!  At least everyone was happy!


Take lots of walks in the cool fall weather


We went to the Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot, ID and had a great day!


One last trip to Wyoming before the cold weather comes!  Abby on the swing with her Great-Grandma Schenk!



As a teacher in Shelley Idaho School District, I had two weeks off for Spud Harvest!  The girls and I went back to Colorado for a week to see family.  Sadly, Bryson had class at ISU and work at Big-O Tires so he wasn't able to come.

Brynn standing next to the flowers she had planted at the beginning of the summer!




The girls had a great time playing with all their cousins (Teryk, Swift, Jasper, and Aram)


Once we returned back to Pocatello, we enjoyed one more week together before I had to head back to work

Brynn was VERY proud of her pumpkins (tissue paper with contact paper) and her "bat-o-lanterns" (painted pumpkins with skewers and wings)


Bryson and Brynn worked hard on their Mustang Derby Car for the 3rd Ward Annual Pinewood Derby Races :)  Didn't win first place, but it sure looked good!

And then came HALLOWEEN!
 

Little Bo Peep and her Sheep - they received more compliments than any other costume!  Thanks to Reese Hoffman and Callie Bond for making her amazing costume!  Abby's costume was just an inside out jacket with ears pinned on :) 




The Incredibles!  



A cold night + daddy babysitting + good behavior all day = A Tinkerbell Movie Night!


We're settled in now to our routine in Pocatello, Idaho.  Although as of November 20, 2010 winter is officially here.  Our days outside with neighbor friends have vanished due to cold weather, snow, and lots of wind.  We're still outside quite a bit, but we're not as likely to find neighbors bundled up outdoors.

Bryson is in ISU's GIS Graduate program and keeping busy.  He's only taking 6 credits (9 is full load) this semester, but will be making up for it with 12 credits next semester!  I'm teaching 3rd grade special education in Shelley, Idaho - a town about 50 minutes away.  It's a commute, but wont be terrible until the snow comes in for the winter.  Brynn (3½) and Abby (17 months) are active and hyper as anyone can imagine!  I wonder what happened to my calm Abigail - but then remember she's got an older sister to stand up against :)  They are great friends and the worst of enemies.  They are such a blessing in our lives and truly teach us what happiness, joy, and patience really mean!  We wouldn't have it any other way!



5 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Thanks for the update! So that pre-made scrapbook I made for you probably didn't even help huh =D
I hate that you can't rotate pictures on Blogger. I have to do it in Photoshop and save it then upload it.

I loved Abby's watermelon cake-so cute! Can't believe her Halloween costume was just an inside out coat!

Try to get a lot of blogging in this week since you have it off. Good luck in the snow with commuting. It's yucky up here!

The Webber's said...

Maryanne - just so you know I've filled all the premade scrapbooks we've ever recieved! It's just a matter of updating them and creating new ones...Brynn's only goes 0-6 months, poor kid. And Abby doesn't even have one. I did printa 0-4 weeks baby photo book for Abby, which was good because our computer crashed soon after that. Just know that the book you made us is filled and greatly appreciated! :)

Laura said...

What a cute birthday cake!! Your girls are beautiful! Sounds like you all are doing great!

Alisha said...

I love the watermelon birthday cake! I might have to steal that idea for Julia next year! I don't know if you know, but I'm originally from Firth and Shelley is a main rival! HAHAHA!
Good luck with the drive every day!

Alisha said...

I love the birthday cake as well! I grew up in Firth! Good luck teaching those Shelley Potatoes! Or mashed potatoes as we would say!