Recently Brynn has steered away from typical stories and wanted to return to reading nursery rhymes. The funny thing is, she has them memorized in her own way and when I read them she will correct me to what she really believes it to be! Here's a glimpse at our night time reading:
Mary, Mary, how does your garden grow? (she doesn't think quite contrary belongs in there)
With silver bells,
And taco shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.
Little Miss Muffin,
Sat on a puffin,
Eating her curds and,
Along came a spider,
Who sat down besides her,
And frightened Miss Muffin away
Baa baa black sheep
Have you ready roll?
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.
One for my master
One for my dame,
And one for the little boy who lives on my lane
Each day we ask and probe Brynn what she learned at school. She doesn't typically remember the specific things and rarely can tell us what she learned (if anything!) at circle time. But we now know at school Brynn spent a few weeks talking about the parts of the body. During dinner she she states, "I'm eating with my phalanges" then after dinner she asks, "Mom, are my phalanges dirty? Should I wash all 10 digits?" It made us laugh and laugh. Then she tripped over something and yelled, "Ouch! I think I bruised my tibia!" It makes me smile that she uses the terminology she's learning and even uses it correctly.
Now it's been a few weeks and I know they have sinced changed topics at school, but wasn't sure what the recent theme was. Then one night during Brynn's prayer, she stated "Thank you for turning the earth. Please bless that the earth will keep spinning forever." I'm grateful for her school teachers and the things they teach her. Without even realizing it she's grasping so many concepts and actually understanding them. I can't believe my little baby girls is nearly four! Time really does fly!
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
what a HOOT! You've got one funny and super intelligent little girl! I can't wait for this weather to shape up so we can play outside with you guys!
Post a Comment