Sunday, January 23, 2011

Colorado Christmas!

Bryson had three weeks off for Christmas through ISU and I was given a generous 10 days off!  So we left as soon as permitted and headed to Durango, Colorado!  10+ hours in a car made for long days, but very worth it!  We were able to go out to dinner with the Walls on Christmas Eve, open gifts with the Webber's Christmas Eve, have a relaxing day and eat too much over Christmas Day, and the girls had a blast playing with their cousins!  I only wish I had taken some more pictures but I never had my camera around when everyone was having fun.

A few pictures from our trip!



 Walls at dinner on Christmas Eve



 Bryson, Abby (18 months), Brynn (3.5 years), and Bethany


 Brynn LOVES the new movie, Tangled, and was thrilled to get a Rapunzel doll that has glowing hair from Grammie!

 Each of the girls got these "Durango Style" knitted hats!  Super cute!

 Abby loves playing with Brynn's cash register!


 Pretending to sleep with her new Tinkerbell blanket and doll


Durango finally got snow, but it was nearly a week after Christmas.  Sadly, we had to leave they day all the cousins were going sledding and on the snowmobiles!  Maybe next year!!!



 Throwing snowballs at dad and papa through the window



We were snowed in for 2 days...over 2 feet of snow not counting the drifts!  
So this is a purse I made for my mom.  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm NOT a naturally crafty person!  I barely know how to thread my sewing machine - but thought it turned out pretty cute!

Now we're back to the "real world" but had an awesome time in Colorado with our families for Christmas.  We're so lucky to have both Bryson and my family only about 20 minutes apart.
Bryson is back in full swing at ISU and I am back to teaching in the Shelley Idaho District.  The girls are both attending ISU's Early Learning Center and Brynn LOVES her preschool!  Abby is okay with going, but it's still growing on her.  The best part about them attending the ELC according to Brynn?  She "get's to ride Daddy's school bus!" - aka public bus that goes from our apartment complex!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Love the purse! You did an awesome job! You are such a trooper to drive to Shelley every day!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Glad you guys made it with the girls in that long drive. They look content. Cute hats the girls got. I wish I could make a purse that looks that amazing. Your skills are way above mine!

Kole and Paula Spaulding said...

you have such a cute family...and cute purse! you sew really well. Sounds like you had fun. Was that delicious honey you gave us from Durango? We LOVE it!