WOW - We've spent the last 3 months in Durango and it has flown by! It's hard to believe that we're headed to Pocatello, Idaho in less than a week! So it's a little late...okay REALLY late...but here's a preview of our summer! Just know that I may break this post into several depending how much our crazy kids let me do at one sitting :)
June 2010
First was our quick trip to Provo Utah. Chip got his mission call - my little brother it headed to Guatemala City August 18th!
![]() | |||
| Mimi's Cafe in Provo after Chip went through the Temple :) |
Me, Jenny, Dad and Chip at the restaurant for a late 2nd dinner :)
Brynn and Grandma outside playing by the pool and running through the sprinklers! It's been so fun for me to watch the girls get to know and play with Grandma and Grandpa! Sure it's been tight living quarters but I'm glad they got to know each other better!
Abby playing by the little pool in her super cute tankini! Little girls are so much fun!
Abby and Bryson playing together! This was when Abby was about 11 months old and still refusing to walk, although she can stand by herself without a problem!
Lake Powell June 2010
Papa with the Teryk, Jasper, and Brynn who all swam out to the boat for the first ride!
Abby's first ride on the boat for the year...she was VERY tired with an awkward life jacket which resulted in a sad unhappy girl.
Luckily within about 2 min....
We had a sleeping girl which made our boat ride much easier. This was also take on her first birthday!! So Happy Birthday my baby girl (although the party followed several weeks later)!!!
Brynn enjoyed the ride - messy face and all :) We were camping - it's expected for everyone to get a little dirty...right?!
Birthday Bath Time - camping style :)
As we were watching a movie from a projector on the side my the Webber's motor home a RATTLE SNAKE went right past everyone and of course all the women jumped up on chairs and tables while the men went for knives, hatchets, and axes. Thankfully it didn't get into anyone's tent but it sure did give us the creeps and made me search a little harder that night before and after putting our girls to bed! After the head was removed (to kill it) someone took the rattle as a reward for it's kill. Not happy we saw one, especially since I hadn't planned on it, but very grateful we had awesome husbands to take charge and beat the enemy ;)
A dance party was happenin' in the covered area during the day while it was too hot and we needed a break from the sun. Brynn, Jasper (cousin) and another family's daughter were rockin' out!
Eclipse Party - July 2010
Now I'm a fan of the Twilight books, but I have to tell you I've only read each book once. I rented the first movie, but did see the 2nd and 3rd movie in theater, although neither were on opening day (or even week actually). They are fun, but I'm not fanatical about them...
Now with that I did go to a Twilight Party with probably 30+ other women followed by the movie! It was a lot of fun and wish I was going to be around for the next one!
In the family room/theater down stairs they had a wall with a painted mural and pictures galore! Very fun for the party and obviously this woman (who is a mother - not some teeny-bob girl) is a huge fan! So glad she shared her love of it with everyone :)
Of course you have to have the Cullens and Jacob there - I mean it IS a party held in their behalf :)
My 2nd love...let's just not pretend he's only 17 years old :) I'll admit...I'm a Jacob fan!
Brooke, Jessica, Angie, and Reese with the gang before we left for the movie
Reese and I as we were waiting for the movie to start. I love girls nights out! They totally give me the energy I need to keep going sometimes. It's just a great change of pace from the routine of responsibilities at home and work!
Thanks for sharing this evening with me ladies! The commentary before and during the movie definitely made it worth it! Nothing as entertaining as seeing woman between the age of 13 to 45 cheering and whistling for their favorite male actor on the movie!!
Consider this the end to Part I of our summer!
I'll post more soon for anyone who actually checks out our blog! Sometimes I wonder if people actually read this...if not that is completely understandable. Our life is pretty eventful and busy for our liking - and printing a book of the memories from the year is going to be a great way for our family to have a keepsake! This is one aspect of technology that I love!




















3 comments:
You totally know I read your blog! =D
I didn't realize your brother was old enough to serve a mission - congrats to him. I guess I've just known you for so long that I think he's still young.
Abby is getting so big!
Lucky to have a Twilight party - I'm trying to done this week, but so for no one is for sure coming. I was in Chicago when Eclipse came out so I guess I'm too behind that no ones wants to come with me. That's so awesome they had the life-size cut-outs!
Haha! I never even went downstairs at Kim's house. She has a mural? WHOA!! Fun pictures, and fun times we have had this summer. Glad you guys were here to share them with us! We will miss you.
Wow, Bethany your girls are getting so big and adorable! :) Congrats to your brother and his upcoming mission, and yuck to the decapitated snake. :p Colorado sure has had their share of rattle snakes this year. :p
I totally know how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if people read my blog too. Then I realized it's more for my family than anybody else. :p But just to let you know I still read your blog! :)
Post a Comment