Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

Easter has come so quickly this year it seems.  It feels like I should have a good solid month till it's time celebrate, but here we are!  We had a fun weekend that was just the right amount of "busy."  Earlier in the week we saw the Easter Bunny at the mall.  Little by little we've been talking to Brynn about the purpose of Easter, and each time we do she says something like "Oh! We talk about that in Nursery too!"  So that makes me happy that her awesome teachers are getting through to her - even if I'm not :) 

Several families in our ward get together each year at a near by park and have an easter egg hunt for the kiddos.  It was a perfect day out - nice sunny weather, little to no wind, no other kids on the playground or at the park, and still early enough in the year for a bug-free picnic!


Abby in her stroller watching the craziness while Brynn stands on the sidewalk waiting for the "GO" to start the Hunt!

It was a great idea and worked really well.  Each family brought 10 plastic eggs for each child in the hunt.  The dad's tossed the eggs over half the park while the kids anxiously waited to run.
 

And they're off!   Brynn finally got the idea of being able to pick up ANY eggs (not just the ones we brought) and was disappointed when we had her stop at 10.


The Easter Loot!  I predict a sugar high for the next 3 days...


These are just a few pictures of us coloring eggs.  Brynn had a BLAST this year and was bummed when they were all out.  So she went back and started coloring the already dyed eggs a second round :)





With a little coaxing Brynn found her hidden basket from the Easter Bunny!

Brynn's Basket: A basket of sand toys with pez, stamps, glow sticks, fruit snacks, and a princess movie.

Abby's Basket:  Glow stick and more Sand Toys.  We all know she gets into her sisters stuff anyways, so why double the mess? :)

Bryson's "Basket":  Since Bry isn't a basket type of guy, the bunny got creative this year!  He got a 6-pack of IBC root beer with 3 missing.  In their place was various types of Easter and dark chocolate

Bethany's Basket-less: No basket but I got my favorite candy in a package of 6 (I didn't even know they came in a pack this many!!!  VERY happy about this) and I got the Super Mario Bothers for the Wii!  It's very similar to the old school Nintendo and awesome!  Bryson got it by justifying that it was a gift for me to use since I'd be off my feet for a few days with my upcoming surgery.  This is the 1st game we've bought in over a year and I'm excited about it!  My husband...ahem...the Easter Bunny rocks!
This means late nights for a little bit!  


We also enjoyed a wonderful session of the LDS General Conference.  I was able to listen to most of Saturday morning and afternoon sessions minus a few minutes here and there. I was really touched and inspired by the messages.  I love the roll I have as a mother being able to stay home and teach my children the things of this life but more importantly the truths of the Gospel.
The Sunday sessions...well...honestly, I'll have to catch up on those over the internet over the next week.  The girls were being really busy and loud and other distractions that I wasn't able to watch as much as I had hoped.  I'm grateful for the technology we have though so I'm able to go back and watch it just as though it was on for the first time!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Holiday with their family and friends!

2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I love Bryson's "basket." He did great on yours too - didn't know they came in a six pack either. When's your surgery? Yeah I missed a lot of Sunday's sessions too - James has just been super whiney and throwing tantrums all week. I really enjoyed Saturdays sessions though like Sister Beck's and Elder Holland's.

Laura said...

Hi! Your girls are so cute. I liked Bryson's basket. I think Kase would totally dig that. I'll have to remember that for next year!

Glad you are doing good!