
1 Year Update:
- About 19 lbs. (16th percentile)28.5 inches (31st percentile)
- Head Circ: 18 inches (70th percentile - She doesn't have a reason to have a big head yet!)
- Says "mama" (or mamamama) and "dada" (dadadada) with meaning. She also babbles like crazy and says "doy, doy, doy" over and over - our 12 month old speaks Japanese - who knew?!
- Has learned and will use the signs for milk, more, and please with various levels of prompting
- Favorite Foods: Chicken nuggets, popsicles, and banana's
- Least Favorite Foods: Crunchy carrots, boring crackers (saltines, ritz, etc.)
- Favorite Game: Chase (mom or dad peeks around the corner and chases her). That or emptying her basket of toys by throwing them quickly and hard behind her.
- She loves books - more like she loves turning the pages of books very quickly! She does sit for 1-15 minutes and will look at and point to things in various books, but especially her Touch and Feel type books
- She sleeps from 9:30ish to about 7:00ish. The last few days she's been waking up in the night to eat - based on previous experiences with her my guess is it's a growth spurt.
- Still takes 2 naps a day - one about 9:00 (or 2 hours after she wakes up) and the other about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. It varies a little by the day, but that's a very close estimate.
- She prefers her hair down - any time we put it up she pulls the pony tails out or brushes all the hair out of it.
- She LOVES other kids. She will follow them and watches them continually. We went to the zoo and she was amazed by the goats but as soon as another child came next to her she turned and walked towards/with them!
- Her crutch is her pacifier - but only when she's really mad or tired :) She also still prefers formual over milk still...we're working on that one
It's been a fun year as we've learned to be parents! As soon as we figure something out though she changes on us!
Thanks to all our family and friends for their help, support, suggestions, friendships, and entertaining our daughter for your pleasure and our temporary sanity!



12 comments:
I love how you described Brynn's growth over the last year. You're such a SPED teacher! :D
Looking back it totally looks like data I would take...various prompts, percentile ranks, many of the observations,...wow...guess that means I at least learned something in college!
Quantitative or qualitative? Brynn looks like such FUN!
She is so cute! Congrats on the birthdday Brynn!
What an adorable little girl you have! I can't believe our kids are getting so old...
I'm glad you posted on our blog! It's good to be able to see what you're up to. Take care!
Byrnn is so adorable!! I am so glad to see that you have a blog! I love seeing the updates. :-)
What you never told me you had an update. Don't ask me how I found out, long story. CHeck out ours
It was not stalking, I happened to stuble upon it....(we have mutual people that we both know) :)
Anyways....back to CO, how fun, very jealous.....We will see you in August then
Happy Moving!!!!!
Hey Bry and Beth!
I saw your blog address on a post it at my parent's this last weekend while we were visiting in IF! Looks like Brynn is getting so old and is adorable! She was so tiny the last time I saw you guys (probably at our wedding reception!) Feel free to check out our blog
alliandkyle.blogspot.com
Good luck moving!
Allison
I found your blog today. I can't believe that she is a year old. Time flies.
Okay Miss Beth, today is Aug 20th, and I want more blogging! What has your cute family been up to since we saw you? Hope all is well, love you!
Okay Miss Beth, today is Aug. 20th and I want more blogging! What has your cute family been up to since we saw you? Hope all is well, love you!
Post a Comment