Wednesday, May 2, 2012

BOYS: (noun) Dirt Plus Noise

Over the last few weeks I have become very excited for a new little one to join our family.  Even more so, I've become thrilled that we are having a boy.  When people find out what we're having, their first response is usually along the lines of "Oh aren't you so excited for a boy?!"  or "I bet Bryson is excited!"  Honestly, the only thing we want is for a healthy baby to arrive.  Whatever form that child comes in is completely up to our Father in Heaven.  However, having a healthy baby that will be with us on earth is the only thing we could ever want.


Now that I'm nearly 26 weeks pregnant and have known since about 13 weeks (clearer ultra sound at 20 weeks) that we would having a little boy, I'm getting more excited!  Things are getting more real as we are having to purchase things.  We were so blessed with our girls to be given so much of everything we could ever need - a bassinet, a crib with a mattress, car seats (TWICE!), a stroller, half of their clothing is from other people, a pump, bottles, and so much more.  It's those obvious blessings in life that make me really appreciate the gospel and causes me to become more aware of how much our Heavenly Father cares about us.  This time around we feel like we are starting all over again!  We're collecting everything from scratch - only because 95% of what we own is some shade of pink, purple, or has flowers.  Poor little brother :)  That being said - we honestly calculated and wrote a check for our tithing Saturday, only to find the car seat we wanted/needed on sale, LONG maternity pants on sale at two different stores, the breast pump I ordered that had somehow been redirected in the USPS arrived today, and we purchased a mini van!  Who would have thought that things would fall into place so quickly for us?!  We are so blessed!  Now that we have spent all our money though, we're praying that Bryson finds a job that will be a good fit for our family!

 21 weeks

25 weeks

I feel I have gotten so much bigger so much quicker this time, ugh.  Maybe that's part of the reason I haven't taken pictures.  Or maybe it's because I'm too busy working.  Or maybe it's because I'm too lazy to do my hair in these really hot days followed by rainy days.  I'll just stick to the reality it's probably a combination of everything.



3 comments:

Allison said...

You found a van?? Wow! That is really fast! It was great to see you guys this weekend. Grant continues to pray nightly that Bryson will find a job!

The Greg Nelson Family said...

Congrats!!! Little boys are so much fun. We are enjoying a little girl this time around. It is fun to have something new to learn. Enjoy the little boy!!

Sister Brittster said...

So excited to hear that everything is falling into place. You look great mamma (even if you haven't done your hair!) :)