Friday, April 1, 2011

Time to Play Catch Up!!

This is recently one of our favorite activities!  Since I put it away for a few months when the girls saw it you would have thought Santa had just arrived!  




We attended a community fundraiser for Brooklyn's Park - a park designed with all ages and physical abilities of both children and their parents in mind!  It was a great day...the girls went booth to booth collecting all sorts of "goodies" from community businesses (pencils, beach balls, stickers, etc.) then they were able to run wild and have fun for a good solid hour!

Not much better in life than a bouncy house! 


Abs was completely enthralled with the sensory tables - sand, dirt, goo - so many choices! 


Eventually Brynn left the bounce house long enough to do a painting art project.  While it dried she as back in the bounce house though :)


They also had one of those large inflatable obstacle courses - climbing over, under, around, and through things, dodging giant punching bag type things, and of course after climbing the wall was a long slide!  Brynn loved it!


Now what better was to end the day then with juice and cookies donated by McDonalds?! :)  The girls had a blast!  We're looking forwards to the park as well!


We did get one good snow before spring and rain arrived.  We thought it would be fun to write Brynn's name in the back yard...she traced our footsteps!

View from Brynn and Abby's bedroom


Playing Doctors with the hats from the earlier event!



As we were looking at an animal book with Abby and practicing sounds - this one made me kill over laughing!  When we came to the Bear, I asked  "Abby, what does a Bear say?"
She responds with this face:


 After looking at the picture we realized WHY she did that!  And to think I was expecting a growl or something!



Brynn giving a thumbs up before her first attempt at the rock wall at Reed's Gym!



 She did so well!  Her favorite part as the "coming down" (repelling) part! With a little guidance with the feet placement she got up there quite well!  She could get her feet about 6 feet off the ground, but she just wanted to repel down - it's not that she was afraid of the height - she just like that part more


Apparently a long day of school was draining for all 3 of them!  I left for spin class and returned to this!  I love this bunch!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love your Valentine's day! Way to go Bry!! The three of them passed out is awesome... I wish I came home to find that some days! I am impressed with Brynn's adventurous spirit on the rock wall. WOW! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun fun fun! Love Abby's "bear" face. Looks like Brynn did so awesome with rock climbing. Love the picture of them sleeping - too cute!