I took home ec in the 7th grade which required me to use a sewing machine - at the time I made this really awesome watermelon pillow!
Haven't touched a machine since then until yesterday and here is my first creation!
Thought I'd take a picture of my first rag quilt BEFORE I wash it in case it comes apart or something!
This is the back side! It didn't turn out absolutely terrible, but just look past the misaligned seams!
The front of the quilt which after washed a few times today it should fray and look super cute and hide the mistakes :)
I'm definitely not the best self-taught student but it'll have to due! By about the 5th or 8 rows I figured out what I should have been doing...
Making Brynn's next, which she of course helped my pick the fabric!
And don't worry, I know you all have been DYING to see updated picture of our family and what we've been up to - those will be coming in the next wee!



2 comments:
Cute! Good job on making 2 things already with your machine. I think I've made 2 things only in 2 years....haha. I have ideas, but my scrapbooking takes up more time...
Oh and I love the fabric on your 2nd one.
Oh and a check would be better if that's okay.
So you got that sewing machine! Which one did you decide to buy? The quilt looks fantastic....I am impressed!
Post a Comment