Thursday, August 13, 2009

Splash Park w/ Commentary

Bryson had Tuesday and Wednesday off and we decided to spend a few hours at the Rec Center. Everything there was the perfect size for her through elementary school kids. There was a ton of older kids (elem aged) who were running and playing and Brynn was completely getting it in the face since her face is level with their knees, poor kid.
But overall it was a great day - played outside and crashed for over 2 hours once we left.



Mushroom Fountain Thing



Watching the buckets spilling water on kids



Akward picture - think this is when I was taking my sunglasses off...




Splashing mom was very entertaining!


Daddy-Daughter Time!


Abby wasn't thrilled when I got her limbs, head, and neck wet trying to keep her cool





Brynn's highlight of the entire day - Chasing Pigeons




I personally really enjoy it here so far. I love sunny weather, being able to go to the parks at 8 in the morning, and being so close and conveniently located near shopping (nearly any store I could want including 2nd hand stores, tjmaxx, ross, target, walmart, lowes, homedepot, and MANY others!) and resteraunts galore!
Bryson on the other hand doesn't like cities, so I think he'll enjoy Laughlin more than here. He is not a fan of living in apartment complexes either - especially large ones like we are in. Definately ups and down though. Gotta give some and take some.
Apartments aren't always enjoyable (small spaces, no storage, parking issues, people smoking and drinking at the pool and outside, hearing people throwing up in the middle of the night b/c they partied too much-only once though) it is better at this time because I'm home with the girls and we have 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, next to two parks, meeting neighbors with kids about the same age, and close to some ward members. Looking forward to cooler weather when play groups will start up again!


5 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

how fun! Cute swimsuit and you look great! That's funny she liked chasing the pigeons most.

Devin and Rebecca said...

You know that you're totally busting a move in that picture, don't deny it! :)

Jackee said...

Glad you're enjoying the place and having fun. Looks like Brynn likes it too!

Rockin' Rowes said...

Looks like you guys have settled in pretty good!

Brandi said...

I can't wait for Riley to enjoy water parks! You guys look like you had lots of fun! Your girls are precious! :)